Creamy pasta is right at the top of my favourite things to eat – it’s just the ultimate comfort food for me. Finding a way to still be able to eat this dish without using dairy AND not breaking the syn bank has been something I’ve been thinking about for weeks.
I was so pleased when I tasted this. I had never used oat cream before so was very suspicious about it. The syns come from the cream so I wasn’t sure how much would be enough – I wanted to keep this pretty low on syns without it being too dry, it had to be creamy!
It’s quite fun finding and using all this new dairy free ingredients – I have the feeling I’ve been pretty lucky so far as there have been no disasters so far. However, pleeeenty of other things I still need to experiment with!
Dairy Free Low Syn Creamy Salmon & Prawn Spaghetti
Syns: 3 per serving
200g dry spaghetti
2 salmon fillets, cooked and flaked
340g prawns, peeled
200g spinach, washed and roughly chopped
6Tbsp Oatly single cream
3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1tsp ground nutmeg
salt & pepper to taste
parsley, finely chopped to garnish
1. Cook the pasta according to pack instructions.
2. Whilst the pasta is cooking, spay Frylight on a frying pan and fry the garlic with the prawns over a medium heat.
3. Once the prawns are cooked, add the salmon, spinach, nutmeg and season with salt and pepper.
4. When the spinach is cooked, reduce the heat and add the cream and gently mix together. Check the seasoning and slowly add the spaghetti.
5. Gently mix the pasta with the rest of the ingredients & serve.
6. Top with parsley and enjoy!
Syn values shown on this recipe are in line with values given by Slimming World at the time of writing. If in doubt, check Slimming World’s official sources as values may change after posting.
I aim to keep recipes’s Syn values as accurate as possible. If you spot a mistake or a change that needs updating, do drop me a message so it can be reflected on the recipe.
This is YOUR slimming journey, remember to enjoy it!