This is one of my favourite comfort food dishes. The carrots add some speed, serve it with steamed brocolli florettes to make it exra speedy.
If you have some leftover, it’s also perfect to have for lunch the day after (it even tastes beffer the next day!)
Syn Free turkey stew
320g turkey breast, diced
1 onion, diced
1Tbsp garlic, crushed
2Tbsp tomato puree
1Tbsp paprika (sweet or hot)
1/2 cup petit pois
1/2 cup carrots, sliced
2 medium potatoes, quartered
1/2 cup chicken stock
3 bay leaves
1. Season turkey with salt and pepper and fry in Frylight until golden brown. Set aside.
2. In the same pan, over medium heat, fry the onionn, garlic, tomato puree and paprika (spray more Frylight if necesaary)
3. Add the carrots, petit pois and stock. Check seasoning and boil for 5 minutes.
4. Add the turkey and potatoes. Reduce heat to low and cover. Cook until potatoes are done.
- You can replace the turkey with chicken (4 pieces) or beef.
- If freezing, cook without the potatoes and add them when needed. The stew can be kept frozen for up to 4 months.
Syn values shown on this recipe are in line with values given by Slimming World at the time of writing. If in doubt, check Slimming World’s official sources as values may change after posting.
I aim to keep recipes’s Syn values as accurate as possible. If you spot a mistake or a change that needs updating, do drop me a message so it can be reflected on the recipe.
This is YOUR slimming journey, remember to enjoy it!