This is a quick and easy lunch packed with veggies. You can replace swap the sweetcorn and petit pois with broccoli or peppers to make them extra speedy!
1 cup rice, uncooked
1/2 onion, chopped
25g petit pois
25g sweetcorn kernels
1 medium tomato, diced and deseeded
2 medium eggs
2 tsp oregano
1. Boil rice seasoned with garlic salt. Once ready, set aside to cool. (Spray come Firelight to avoid it from sticking)
2. Beat eggs and mix with rest of the ingredients.
3. Mix the cool rice with the veggie mixture. Season with oregano and salt & pepper to taste.
4. Spray Firelight in a frying pan and spoon round shapes of the mixture.
5. Fry until cooked through and golden brown on both sides.
Since there’s no flour to bind the mixture together, make your croquettes small enough to fit on your spatula. This will stop them from breaking when flipping them around.
Syn values shown on this recipe are in line with values given by Slimming World at the time of writing. If in doubt, check Slimming World’s official sources as values may change after posting.
I aim to keep recipes’s Syn values as accurate as possible. If you spot a mistake or a change that needs updating, do drop me a message so it can be reflected on the recipe.
This is YOUR slimming journey, remember to enjoy it!